How did you find Apezone? - Explaination, stories, etc.

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:11 pm

I'm just curious on how everyone found Apezone. I personally found it through a game magazine which reviewed 3-4 shareware games an issue. It reviewed STUN and I jumped on over to pick up the demo. That's my story and I've been hooked since version 2.0 :)
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Terry Ingram » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:33 pm

:D I found it through [www.cnet@download.com] been playing it ever since... was bored with offline games and wanted something different,saw what the game was about(I love space games :p ) downloaded the demo. Then I ordered the CD Just for the tunes(Queensryche anyone?) and wow was I impressed. LOVE IT can`t wait to see the new codes.Was a great investment If you like action this game will keep you busy. :D Game can be tricky at first, but keep playing you`ll get the hang of it.also new version has MODS! wow I`m gonna try those out tonight! Happy gaming!!!!!!!!!
Terry Ingram

Postby Meatboy Dogfood » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:02 pm

I wandered in After reading an online reveiw in computer games Magizine. They gave a Four out of frive star reveiw and it is darn hard to get a four star reveiw out them. Latter they gave Andrew the Best indie game arward for the year. I scooped up the version two demo and within a few days was buying the game via barter. Thats right barter. I did a bit of wiring work in a freinds house and the purchase of the game was part of the price. I have been a happy Clam ever since. The thing that drew me in was the concept of your starships as heros. A thin line holding off a hostile galaxy. No other game that I have seen has employed this unique concept.Stun has been on my computer since June 2001. The games almost limitless replayabilty will assure that it remains there for years to come. Add also the fact that Andrew listens intently to player feedback and acts on it, always tuning and improving his games. Try getting that service from most any other computer game company.
Meatboy Dogfood

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 pm

Andrew listens intently to player feedback and acts on it, always tuning and improving his games. Try getting that service from most any other computer game company.
HERE HERE!!!!! Andrew does awesome customer service.

**voodoo magic from assimilated**
START A DEMOCRACY GAME, JOOOINNNN A DEMMMOOOOCRAAACCCYYY GAAAMMME!!!!
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:29 pm

I found the demo at some download site and... I am ashamed to say that it was one of the only ones I had time to get. :( However it is probly better than any of the other games I could have got there!
Blackjet

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:38 pm

I found Stun2.3 at:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2370

As soon as i played the demo I went online and downloaded the game.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Rainbow » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:03 pm

I saw it retail, but never got around to picking it up (even though the online reviews at the time were incredibly positive). But I frequent Matrix Games a lot and recently noticed a new patch for that version, visited their website, followed the link to ApeZone, and had a feeling that I would prefer the newer version 3 to what Matrix Games was selling (so I ordered it about a month ago).
Rainbow

Postby BrilliantBeast » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:34 am

I saw a review at Caltrops.com, a site that formed after Old Man Murray collapsed. I liked games like MOO and Civilization, but hated the click fest they became doing mundane chores. Tried the demo, and though it worked well.
BrilliantBeast

Postby CHOAM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:40 am

eatomhoch wrote:I found Stun2.3 at:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2370

I'm quite sure I've answered a similar posts a long time ago, but I can't seem to find it... or remember, so, whatever...

I also found this game through underdogs, it's a great site; half the games I play I probably found through that site
CHOAM

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:21 am

Yeah excellent site, one other I've picked up from there; Fracas.

Great game check it out if you haven't seen it:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3500

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby aliss77777 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:35 am

I'm jumping on the underdogs bandwagon!!!

The Underdogs

is a great website, that's where I pick most of my games from, including STUN
aliss77777

Postby Starman » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:10 pm

I had a computer magazine that had a demo disk with it and SU happened to be on it. I read the review and said I GOT to try this so I played the demo from the disk, v2 & was hooked right away, so I went to apezones web site to see what else I could find, there was a newer version of the demo so I downloaded that; And not long after that I payed for the full version. I have since gotten SUDG & v3, & the v3 CD. It has been & will contine to be a GREAT inventment!!! :D

I think it has the perfect balance of RTS & Turn Based; it allows you the time to really get into the game, but also requires you to keep an eye on a always changing enviroment.

I have been a fan of this board for years, even though I generally don't like boards because they seem so unfriendly most of the time, with this being an exception; I think this is a very friendly place and thats why I joined it this year. In the past if I had comments I just emailed them to Andrew but I felt that I needed to start getting involved with the board but maybe more important is that I wanted to be involved with it.

Sorry I got a little off topic there; but I find if a game is really good then it will have you thinking about it when you are not playing it. You will be thinking about that next move you need to make or are planning the upcoming attack on someone, or what to do differantly so that the attack goes better / better ways to prevent it from happening.

Well that's enough about me :) , I know

:p
Starman

Postby Orishnu » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:11 am

i don't exactly remember how i found STUN, but i think it was when i was bored of Runescape for a while(they hadn't updated forever)... i was searching for a fun game, found Starships Unlimited demo (somehow), and within 2 weeks i bought the full versoin.

BTW Runescape is a very fun game (after they updated it) if u like MMORPG's then you'll love it.(runescape.com)
Orishnu

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:46 pm

This is generally regarded as bad manners, as this is an old topic.
But, _-=`BUMP`=-_

I want to hear the stories of new members, and maybe a couple of older one's.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Inioch » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Luck...I was at the Matrix website looking around when I found it. Somehow ended up at ApeZone trying to get some more info about STUN, tried out the demo and like it, and then I tried out the demo for BC and like that to and got both games the same night. :D
Inioch

Next

Return to Starships Unlimited